Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WE'RE BACK!!!

Well hello blogging world!! We have missed you!!!  There is so much you have missed so I will try to catch you up in a cliff's notes version!!!   Right now we are in Temecula visiting Brian's family and we are having so much fun!!  We brought sweet Riley with us this summer and it has been nothing short of an adventure!!  But to start back since we have last visited we need to go way back................

Lets start with April/May time!!  I was ending the school year, finishing track season and just getting everything ready to leave for the summer!  I had a little taste of success at the City Track Meet this year, my 8th graders placed 3rd in the 800m Relay, and one of my 7th graders placed 3rd in the 400m Dash!! I was so proud of them, they worked hard....well sort of, maybe we were just fast!!  But as the school year came to an end I was a little sad to see my 8th graders go, and really I was sad to see most of the 8th grade class go!  They were so much fun!!! During these months Brian was finishing up his semester of methods and not without a ton of stress to end the year!  He actually made it through with more sanity than I can remember finishing with!!  So now he is waiting to take one more summer class and then student teaching!!!  

So now we can head into June which has been super busy already!!  The week after school ended I worked the Monterey Basketball Camp for a couple of days and then we loaded up the car and headed out to sunny California....which turns out to be not so sunny...yet!!!  On Tuesday night (or morning if you want to be technical) we got the car ready, got the dog ready and we left Lubbock around 1:00 am!  We decided that it would be better to get the night part of the driving out of the way first so that when we were most tired it would at least be daytime!!  So we left Lubbock, Brian..Brooke..Riley..little Mazda..18 hours non-stop. Riley was a little anxious at first!!  I guess if I was a 60 pound dog shoved in the back of a car in the middle of the night I might be a little nervous too!!!  But really and truly as soon as he realized that we weren't stopping he settled down and just relaxed the whole way!!  The only thing we were worried about was that he would not go potty!  We would stop every once and a while and let him out and nothing!  So finally we were either in New Mexico or Arizona, who knows, he started whining and pacing in the back seat so we knew we had to stop so I pulled of (yes I was driving) and we just let him out, no leash no nothing, and the poor guy ran to some grass and let loose, and we probably stood there waiting for at least 2 minutes...I felt so sad for the poor baby!!  Since we have been here we have been pretty lazy! Riley met Denver (The Cole's dog) and they seem to be better friends now, we have decided that Riley kind of annoys her (he is two and she is 12ish). He also met Phyllis (The Cole's chicken...no joke)  but they are not allowed to hang out together...Riley thinks she is a running, squawking toy (not so good for Phyllis)!! Riley was accidentally let out in the backyard with Phyllis one day and when Katie looked outside Riley had Phyllis in his mouth, luckily she looked out when she did because he might have had Phyllis for dinner!!  As far as the cats go, I don't think they have officially met, but I don't think that is part of the plan!! Poor Riley, he just wants to be everybody's friend!!  

Since we have been here it has been pretty gloomy.  Everyone keeps saying "oh ya, June gloom" but I am saying sad day for cold weather!!  I have had to wear jeans and a jacket at night so no beach for us, at least not yet!!  Oh, but it was so cute the first day we drove in it had been thundering and lightening all morning and Julie (Brian's mom) was telling us the cutest stories from her kids that morning.  They don't really have thunderstorms here so it was quite exciting...and scary for her kids, most of them cried all day, and some would not even go to the bathroom!! So cute!!!

Well, I guess that is all I will bore you with for now, I will try to keep you updated as our trip goes on! So glad to be back with you in blogger world!!!


4 comments:

Leslye said...

Glad you're back! Have a good trip!!

Amy said...

I am glad you updated. It will be fun to hear of all of your California adventures.

Andra said...

Hey, you do still know how to blog!! I'm waiting for you to post your talent show performance!!!! Thriller, was it???

Courtney said...

Pictures would be good here!!!! And sorry you are in June Gloom! We are enjoying the beautiful 90-100 degree weather we are having! My pool is nice and warm! Sorry you are missing it!!