Friday, July 25, 2008

Back to School!

Well sort of back to school! I have been getting ready for next year, and I was told that one of my duties is to decorate the trophy cases outside of the gym! So thanks to my Mom and Husband we got it done, and not without a little blood shed...let's just say I don't get along with staplers, and Mom had a fight with the exacto knife! I also got to meet one of the other girls I will be coaching with and she was VERY informative, and so nice! I have also realized that there is no way that I will live up the the FABULOUS lady that I am replacing! I am sure she was awesome, but so far I feel as though there is alot to live up to, and I am not ready to take over a motherly position (she was the "mom" of the group, I mean she was here for 30YEARS!!! She should have been the "grandma" ha), but I will have to be on the ball because everything is set a certain way and has a spot!! Very serious business up here let me tell you, don't you think about taking a t-shirt without checking it out!!! But all jokes aside I am SUPER excited to get to know everybody, and get going with this school year!! So I better get busy with lesson plans (no Madeline Hunter though, for you teacher people, such a waste of time, but don't tell Stutler hehe)!! Love you all!!

5 comments:

krenayw said...

You were born to be a teacher Brooke. And I want to see a picture of what Im sure is an amazing trophy case. And remember, they wouldn't have hired you if they didn't believe you could do the job. I know you can do it...ps...im really glad you're still in LBK!!!

Leslye said...

Wow! Can you believe it is almost time for school to start! I realized today how much I have to do! Oh well, we will have fun this weekend first!! HAHA on the no Madeline Hunter and not telling Stutler! I won't spill the beans, I dont do MH lesson plans either!!

Anonymous said...

You are all just slackers....I do MH all that time! hahaha!! J/k!!! Hey I came up and helped you...remember I fixed the Swiffer for ya! hehe!! And I picked out the shirt that was the inspiration for the trophy cases! Geeze the hard work I do that goes unrecognized! haha! And who needs grandmas when they have HOT young girls to do the job!! I bet the kids will like ya more! And thats all that matters! hehe! Love ya!

Chrissy Cross said...

Hey girl, I didn't know you had a blog!! Coaching and teaching are hard work, but they are so rewarding!! I hope you have a great year!!

Rachel said...

brookie! i'm so glad to have found your blog! now we can keep in touch more! we should talk soon...miss you!