Monday, July 7, 2008

Our trip to the Cole's

Brian's family lives out in Southern California, so we drove out there to see them. Two days of driving makes me tired, and we smelled some funky smells on the way!  When we got here the Cole's had a suprise for us.  They informed us of a new pet they had and led us to the backyard.  Then we were introduced to Phyllis the chicken!!!  
The drive was making us crazy!!  Kingman to Barstow....torture!

A gallon of gas in Needles, CA was $5.19!!  

Here is Brian with Phyllis, she climbed up his arm, EEK!

My turn, I wasnt as calm as Brian, and shortly after the picture she flew up in my face and I screamed bloody murder!!!  But she is really sweet and has fun feathers on her head.

4 comments:

Andra said...

You guys do look a little crazy!!! Glad you made it safely! Loved having you for a few days!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!

Glad you guys are having fun!!!

Leslye said...

Happy Bithday Brooke! Looks like a fun trip!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Looks like you are a blogger, too! I keep blog hopping from your cousins' blogs and keep stumbling onto new ones!
I cracked up at the Needles gas station pic. We have made that very same drive (my husband is also from Cali, I think you knew that, though!). I am pretty sure we must have gassed up at the very same gas station because I have a similar pic where the gas was sooo much higher at that particular station in Needles than anywhere else! Good to see you on here! I am adding you to my blog roll so I can get to your blog easily!